I know I know, it’s far too early to get excited for the holidays — but this is my blog. I discovered these colourful, easy-to-make Christmas Party Pinwheels and they’ve quickly become a holiday favourite.
This featured recipe is courtesy of Taste of Home.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 0.4 ounces ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup minced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 to 4 flour tortillas (10 inch wraps)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and dressing mix until smooth.
- Add red pepper, celery, onions and olives; mix well.
- Spread about 3/4 cup on each tortilla.
- Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
Yield: 15 to 20 servings
Shak’s Tips: Flour tortilla comes in all colours these days, so consider purchasing a variety of colours like red, green and white. Add sliced bacon or chopped ham if the recipe is too vegetarian for your liking.
You don’t need to go all Christmas with your holiday cooking, but the aesthetics of these pinwheels are bound to win you a few compliments.